How to Reset/Change TOTP Authentication in CoinEx
What is Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator is a TOTP authenticator. Its verification code is based on natural variables such as time, historical length, physical objects (such as credit cards, SMS mobile phones, tokens, fingerprints), combined with certain encryption algorithms, and refreshed every 60 seconds. It is not easy to obtain and decode, so it is relatively safe.
Download and install the Google Authenticator APP
How to reset TOTP? (The bound GA is not available.)
1. Visit CoinEx Sign-in page www.coinex.com/signin, click [Lost TOTP verify?] after entering the account and login password.
2. Read and check the "Reset instructions" carefully, and click [Confirm reset].
3. Enter account and login password respectively, and click [Next] after confirmation.
Note: If you lose your password, please refer to How to reset or find back sign-in password?
4. Obtain and enter your email verification code, and click [Next] button.
5. Read "Attention" carefully, and click [Start now].
Notes: There are a total of 4 questions related to your account information.
The answer is either singular-choice or multiple-choice, please choose the correct answers based on your account.
6. Click [Submit] after completing 4 questions.
7. If your answers are correct, your TOTP will be unbound successfully. Click [Back] to log in to your account and rebind TOTP immediately.
Kindly remind: For your account security, withdrawal will not be available in 24 hours.
Your account is NOT protected by TOTP verification at the moment. Please immediately rebind TOTP to your account in case of any asset loss.
How to change TOTP? (The bound GA is available.)
1. Visit CoinEx website www.coinex.com, log in to your account and then click [Account Settings] from the menu of [Account] in the top-right corner.
2. Find out the [Security Settings] section, and then click [Change] on the right of [TOTP Authentication].
3. Get and enter SMS/GA code according to security binding in your account, and then click [Next].
4. Get and enter email verification code, and then click [Next].
5. Open the Authenticator App in your phone, click [+] in the right corner, and then click [Scan barcode] to scan QR code or [Manual entry] to enter 16 private key.
Reminder: CoinEx highly suggests that you back up private key in a security way.
6. Enter Google Authenticator code and click [Next] to finish TOTP resetting.
Note: CoinEx will not back up your private key. If you forget or lose your key, you will not be able to rebind the Google Authenticator and your account will be lost forever. For the safety of your account and assets, please keep your private key properly according to the way recommended by CoinEx!